|Key People||Thomas Zeeb, Chairman; Tim Grant, Head; Mathhias Studach, Head of Finance and Risk|
|Products||Digital asset trading and services|
SDX, also known as SIX Digital Exchange, was established by SIX Group to execute on the company's digital asset and blockchain strategies.
According to CoinDesk, an online cryptocurrency news service, many of the original management of the project had left by early 2020. SDX's CEO Halblaub quit in summer 2019. He was followed approximately six months later by Alex Zinder, architecture lead, Ivo Sauter, head of clients and products, and Sven Roth, chief digital officer. Sauter told CoinDesk, “I think for me, the biggest thing was the initial vision changed. Primarily, this was because the mother company took more and more influence on SDX. I believe that with an innovation project like SDX there needs to be a bit of separation from the big mother.”
In March 2020, SIX announced that Tim Grant, the former CEO of DrumG Technologies, would head SDX.
Omniex was selected by SIX Group in February 2020 to provide the front end for its SDX cryptocurrency trading platform which was planned to launch later that year. SIX Group made an investment of an undislcosed in Omniex amount at the time of the selection.
SDX announced on December 7, 2020 that it was investing in Custodigit, a digital asset custody company that was already in operation, and that it would join with Swisscom and Sygnum to offer a complete chain of digital services from trading to settlement to custody. The joint offering, dubbed the "Institutional Digital Asset Gateway" was planned to launch in the first quarter of 2021. Custodigit was established by Sygnum and Swisscom two years earlier in 2018. Sygnum is a digital asset bank regulated by the Swiss government.
On December 8, 2020, SDX and SBI Digital Asset Holdings announced they would "work towards" launching a joint venture for a Singapore-based digital issuance platform, exchange and central securities depository that would attract institutional business.
- Swiss Stock Exchange SIX Launches Digital Assets Exchange Prototype. CoinDesk.
- 3 More Execs Leave Swiss Stock Exchange’s $100M Blockchain Project. CoinDesk.
- Swiss Blockchain Exchange SDX Hires ConsenSys Startup Boss to Head Business. CoinDesk.
- SIX to invest in crypto platform Omniex ahead of SDX launch. The Trade.
- SIX joins forces with Swisscom & Sygnum joint-venture Custodigit to build Institutional Digital Asset Gateway. SDX.
- SIX and SBI Digital Asset Holdings Announce Plans for Singapore-Based Joint Exchange Venture. SDX.