|Headquarters||Menlo Park, California|
|Key People||Dan Morehead, CEO and Co-Chief Investment Officer; Paul Veradittakit, Partner; William Fan, Director of Quantitative Strategies; Franklin Bi, Director of Platform|
|Products|| Investment funds focused on
blockchain technology investments
Founded in 2013, Pantera Capital is the oldest blockchain focused investment fund manager in the world.
In 2014, hedge fund operators Benchmark, Fortress and Ribbit joined up with Pantera to form the Pantera Bitcoin Fund. 
Pantera launched its Venture Fund III on July 31, 2018 and raised $71 million in less than three weeks. One of its first earliest investments was in Intercontinental Exchange's Bakkt bitcoin depository, which had just been founded. The fund closed to new money in March 2019, having missed its goal of $175 million. In a filing with the SEC in August 2020, the fund reported that it had raised just less than $165 million.
- Pantera’s Founder Foresees $100K+ Bitcoin On the Horizon. CoinTelegraph.
- Fortress, Benchmark and Ribbit Team up with Pantera for Bitcoin Fund. CoinDesk.
- Pantera Capital Has Raised $71 Million So Far for Third Crypto Fund. CoinDesk.
- Block Reward Halving and Venture Fund III Closing :: Pantera Blockchain Letter, March 2019. Medium.
- Form D. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.