|Key People||Wayne Trench, CEO, OSL; Hugh Madden, CEO, BC Group;|
|Products||Cryptocurrency trading platform, OTC brokerage services, cryptocurrency custody services|
OSL is a subsidiary of Hong Kong Stock Exchange-listed BC Technology Group. It focuses on digital asset trading and trading services for institutional and professional traders. Parent BC Group received an approximately $90 million capital top-off in a Morgan Stanley-led offering in January 2021.
OSL is a cryptocurrency trading platform, OTC trading service and prime broker registered with the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC). OSL first obtained preliminary registration to deal with customers and to offer electronic trading services in digital assets in August 2020. The SFC's regulatory system for brokers and exchanges is referred to as "opt-in" rather than requiring registration of all brokers and platforms.
The platform executed Hong Kong's first fully regulated trades according to a company announcement on March 15, 2021.
- BC Group's OSL Sees Digital Asset Revenue Increase 47% YoY in 1H 2020. BC Group.
- Hong Kong-Listed BC Group Raises $90M as Institutional Crypto Demand Soars in Asia. CoinDesk.
- Home Page. OSL.
- How OSL Became the First Crypto Exchange to Win Over Hong Kong Regulators. CoinDesk.
- Hong Kong Regulator Gives Crypto Exchange OSL Tentative Licensure Approval. CoinDesk.
- OSL Digital Securities Executes First Regulated Virtual Asset Trades in HK, SFC-Licensed Exchange and Brokerage Now Live Trading. OSL.