|Key People||Alexander Ivanov, Founder|
|Products||Smart Contract Platform; Cryptowallets|
Waves is the name for both the company (Waves Platform) as well as for the token which is associated with its operation (WAVES). In December 2018 Waves was the 26th most actively traded cryptocurrency according to CoinMarketCap, an industry data aggregator.
Russian press reported in July 2017 that the Moscow Exchange's central depository was partnering with Waves Platform to design a blockchain for digital assets. The proposed platform would enable the depository to provide cryptocurrency support services.
On September 13, 2018, a state-owned Russian conglomerate, Rostec, announced that it would use the Waves Platform to manage data from its 700-company holdings.
- Monthly Volume Rankings (Currency). CoinMarketCap.
- Russia Signals Willingness To Professionalize Crypto Currency Trading On Exchange. Forbes.
- Manufacturing Giant Rostec to Manage Data on Waves Blockchain Platform. Coindesk.
- New addition to Waves econsystem, Vostok, secures $120 million in investment. CryptoNinjas.
- Waves Platform Raises $120 Million for Private Blockchain. Bloomberg.