|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA|
|Key People||Richard Craib, Founder|
|Products||Hedge Fund, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence|
Numerai is a hedge fund that uses machine learning and a large network of data scientists to predict the stock market. Its investors include Union Square Ventures, Fred Ehrsam, co-founder of Coinbase and Paradigm, and Howard Morgan, founder of Renaissance Technologies.
Numerai is essentially a crowdsourced, passively-managed hedge fund. Its model functions like a weekly competition in which data scientists compete to code the most effective model for predicting price movements in the stock market. Predictions are scored on a public leaderboard, and the participants with the best-performing models are given Numeraire (NMR), a cryptocurrency that is native to the Numerai platform. The data provided by the best-performing models of the previous week are then used to manage the hedge fund.
Richard Craib - Founder
- The hardest data science tournament on the planet.. Numerai.
- Numerai. LinkedIn.
- This Is The World's First Cryptocurrency Issued By A Hedge Fund. Forbes.
- Tournament Overview. Numerai.
- Game Theory Optimal Play for the Numerai Competition. Numerai.
- Exchanges trading Numeraire. Coinranking.com.