|Location||San Francisco Bay Area|
Dorsey told attendees at the Consensus blockchain conference in May 2018 that he believes the Internet will one day have a native currency. He said he is not certain which currency it will be, but hopes it turns out to be bitcoin. He repeated this sentiment in an interview on the podcast, "The Joe Rogan Experience" in February 2019. Dorsey has also said that he is interested in integrating bitcoin as a payment option for Square.
In March 2018, Dorsey, along with several investors including Litecoin creator Charlie Lee, donated a total of $2.5 million to Lightning Labs in order to develop the Lightning Network, a scaling solution for bitcoin.
In February 2019, Dorsey responded to Twitter user @ThomsonCrypto's question, "which coins/tokons you holding??" Dorsey replied, "I only have bitcoin." When asked how many coins he possessed, he said, "enough."
- Jack Dorsey Is All In on Bitcoin as the Currency of the Future. Bloomberg.
- Leadership. Square.
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Hopes Bitcoin Will Become the Internet's Own Currency. Fortune.
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Has Made A Bold Prediction About Bitcoin. Forbes.
- Jack Dorsey Hopes Bitcoin Will Become Web's 'Native Currency'. Coindesk.
- Lightning Labs just raised millions from Jack Dorsey and others to supercharge blockchain transactions. TechCrunch.
- Jack Dorsey is among backers of blockchain start-up Lightning Labs. CNBC.
- Twitter's Jack Dorsey Says the Only Crypto He's Holding Is Bitcoin. Bloomberg.