|Headquarters||London, U.K. with an office in New York|
|Key People||Dr. James Smith, CEO & co-founder; Dr. Tom Robinson, chief scientist & co-founder; Dr. Adam Joyce, chief architect & co-founder; Simone Maini, chief operating officer|
|Products||Money laundering prevention, blockchain analysis, and market analytics|
Elliptic's website says that the company was founded by individuals who believed that cryptocurrency would be an important part of the future of finance, but that its use for illicit criminal activity needed to be disrupted.
In 2013, Elliptic was founded by Dr. James Smith, Dr. Tom Robinson, and Dr. Adam Joyce. The company released its first cryptocurrency "intelligence tool" in 2015.
- Dr. James Smith - CEO & co-founder
- Dr. Tom Robinson - chief scientist & co-founder
- Dr. Adam Joyce - chief architect & co-founder
- Simone Maini - chief operating officer
- What We Do. Elliptic.
- Blockchain analytics firm Elliptic finds over $400M worth of XRP tied to illegal activities. The Block.
- XRP Is Used in Crime, But Far Less Often Than Bitcoin, Elliptic Says. Coindesk.
- Coinbase Says It Never Shared ‘Personally Identifiable’ Customer Data. Coindesk.
- About. Elliptic.