|Headquarters||New York, NY, USA|
|Key People||AG Gangadhar, Chairman and Acting CEO; Yuval Rooz, COO; Donald R. Wilson Jr., Co-Founder and director; Sunil Hirani, Co-Founder and Director; Blythe Masters, Ex-CEO and Director|
|Products||Fintech, distributed ledger technology|
Digital Asset, formerly called Digital Asset Holdings, is a software company that uses blockchain technology to facilitate settlement between digital and traditional currencies. It was founded in 2014 by Sunil Hirani and Don Wilson.
In July 2018, the company announced that Digital Asset had partnered with Google Cloud to provide blockchain developers with tools that would make it easier for them to create blockchain applications.
Blythe Masters, a leading developer of credit default swaps and former executive at JPMorgan Chase & Co., joined Digital Asset as CEO in March 2015.In December 2018, Digital Asset Holdings LLC announced Masters would be stepping down as CEO of the company for personal reasons. The company said she would remain a board member, strategic advisor and shareholder. She was replaced by acting CEO by AG Gangadhar, who was also named chairman.
Digital Asset's Europe head, Gavin Wells was reported to be stepping down in March 2019 shortly after CIO and CTO of engineering James Powell stepped down in February. Wells was replaced by Oliver Hugh-Jones and Powell by Shaul Kfir. Zohar Hod was named chief staretgy officer at the same time. The senior product architect for Digital Asset's mark-up language, Sofus Mortenson, also left the company in March 2019.
Coindesk reported that, having quietly left the board, Digital Asset board member Sallie Krawcheck's name was removed from the company website in late February or early March.
- Digital Asset Holdings Delivers First-Of-Its-Kind Technology to Bridge the Gap Between Crypto and Mainstream Assets. PR Newswire.
- The Australian Securities Exchange Just Made Blockchain History. Fortune.
- Google Cloud Inks Deal With Blythe Masters' Blockchain Startup. Coindesk.
- Swaps Pioneer Blythe Masters to Lead Virtual Currency Startup. Bloomberg.
- CEO of Blockchain Startup Digital Asset Steps Down in Surprise Departure. Bloomberg.
- Blythe Masters steps down as CEO of blockchain startup Digital Asset. CNBC.
- Digital Asset’s Europe Head Is Latest to Leave Enterprise Blockchain Startup. CoinDesk.
- Sofus Mortensen, Profile. LinkedIn.
- Digital Asset Loses Another Exec and a High-Profile Board Member. CoinDesk.