Notes on spelling and terminology: the German ö is equivalent to the English oe; both Börse and Boerse are correct. Deutsche Boerse often refers to itself as Deutsche Boerse Group. Its legal name is Deutsche Boerse AG where AG stands for Aktien Gesellschaft, the equivalent of incorporated in English.
Full Page on MarketsWiki
|Deutsche Boerse AG|
|Key People||Theodor Weimer, CEO; Jens Hachmeister|
|Products||Trading and settlement|
|Website||Deutsche Boerse Home|
Deutsche Boerse and Cryptocurrency Technology
In March 2018 Deutsche Boerse announced a partnership with HQLAx, a London-based financial technology firm, to deploy R3's blockchain Corda technology for a new securities lending platform. The Eurex division of Deutsche Boerse was to contribute a trading platform.
Bloomberg reported on May 23, 2018, that the acting Deutsche Boerse CEO, Jeffrey Tessler, had told attendees at a conference that Deutsche Boerse was "deep at work" on bitcoin.
On August 28, 2018, Deutsche Boerse disclosed that it had expanded its relationship and made an investment in HQLAx for a minority stake of the company.
In an interview published on the Deutsche Boerse website on August 30, 2018, Jens Hachmeister, the head of the new "DLT, Crypto Assets and New Market Structures" unit, said that "the DLT/blockchain technology is a key opportunity for the creation of new market structures, adding new products onto our present structures and enhancing our existing offerings." Taking a company-wide approach, the unit is staffed by 24 employees including Hachmeister.
German news service DGAP.de reported on Monday that Xetra, Deutsche Boerse's electronic stock trading platform, made available Advanced Blockchain AG for trading on July 1, 2019. It is Xetra's first blockchain industry equity. Advanced Blockchain uses directed acyclic graph blockchain technology to support internet-of-things applications.
In June 2020, Deutsche Boerse announced that it had listed the BTCetc Bitcoin Exchange Traded Crypto, a bitcoin-based exchange-traded note (ETN) cleared by Eurex Clearing, on its Xetra trading platform, making it the first centrally-cleared bitcoin product to be listed on the platform. The ETN is an exchange-traded bond that tracks the performance of bitcoin.
- Bitcoin futures could reportedly be coming to Germany soon. CNBC.
- Deutsche Boerse and HQLAX to build blockchain platform for securities lending. Global Custodian.
- Deutsche Boerse’s Tessler Says ‘Deep at Work’ on Bitcoin. Bloomberg.
- Deutsche Borse expands partnership with HQLAx. Securities Lending Times.
- Deutsche Börse establishes dedicated crypto and blockchain team. The Trade Crypto.
- Deutsche Börse’s Xetra Exchange Lists First Blockchain Firm. CoinDesk.
- World's first centrally cleared Bitcoin ETN launched on Xetra. Deutsche Boerse.
- Exchange Traded Notes (ETNs). Xetra.