Chris R. Concannon
|Chris R. Concannon|
|Occupation||President and Chief Operating Officer|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Website||CME Group Website|
Previously, he was the president and chief operating officer of Cboe Global Markets. He took over the roles in February 2017 upon Cboe's acquisition of Bats Global Markets, where he had been chief executive officer since March 31, 2015. In January 2019, Cboe announced that Concannon would be leaving the company to pursue a new opportunity.
Cboe launched regulated bitcoin futures for the first time in December 2017. In June 2018, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced that Ethereum is not a security; in response to this, Concannon said the news "clears a key stumbling block for Ether futures, the case for which we’ve been considering since we launched the first bitcoin futures in December 2017.” He has also said such offerings "could not stop with bitcoin," and that Cboe could offer similar services for other cryptocurrencies, such as Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash.
In April 2018, Concannon said in an interview with John Lothian News that bitcoin futures were "the first tiny little step," and that "we (Cboe) think there's a broader market there...we'll continue to look at what that demand is, and how quickly we can roll that product out."
In August 2018, Cboe announced that it was "close" to offering futures for ether. This aligned with comments Concannon had previously made implying that Cboe could offer products tied to "other crypto markets" (besides bitcoin) in the future.
Full Page on MarketsWiki
- Stock-Exchange Veteran Chris Concannon Moves to Bond Platform. Wall Street Journal.
- BATS Global Markets Names Chris Concannon As CEO. The Wall Street Journal.
- Executive Biographies and Photos - Chris Concannon. CBOE.
- Cboe Global Markets Announces Changes to Management Team. Cboe.
- Report: CBOE to Launch Ethereum Futures Trading Later This Year. Cointelegraph.
- Cboe to Launch Ethereum Futures Before the End of 2018. Finance Magnates.
- Ready to Follow Through – Chris Concannon, Cboe. John Lothian News.
- Cboe is telling market makers that it's getting close to launching ether futures — and it could mark a big step in the crypto's evolution. Business Insider.