|Key People||Bill Shihara, Co-Founder and CEO; Richie Lai, Co-Founder and Chief Information Officer; Rami Kawach, Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer|
Bittrex is one of the largest U.S. cryptocurrency exchanges. It was founded in 2014 by three senior security managers from Amazon: Bill Shihara, co-founder and CEO; Richie Lai, co-founder and chief information officer; and Rami Kawach, co-founder and chief technology officer. The three are also alumni of Microsoft.
According to January 14, 2019, data from CoinMarketCap, Bittrex was the 50th largest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume in the world at that time. It provides 302 mostly crypto-to-crypto trading pairs. In August 2018, Bittrex had been reported as the 32nd largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world, offering 284 trading pairs.
On May 31, 2018, Bittrex announced that it had established a banking relationship with New York's Signature Bank, which facilitates U.S. dollar-to-crypto transactions for some customers.
Bittrex launched an OTC trading desk to handle cryptocurrency orders with values of $250,000 or more on January 14, 2019.
Bittrex offers its users the ability to trade bitcoin, Ether, Tether, TrueUSD, and U.S. dollars for various cryptocurrencies, including ADA, TRX, and ZEC. It also allows for the liquidation of bitcoin, Ether, and Tether to USD as well.
Bittrex announced on August 8, 2018 that it would be adding XRP/USD and ETC/USD trading pairs to the exchange, both launching August 20, 2018. The exchange also said they plan on adding more USD/crypto markets to the exchange over time, using a "phased" approach, or gradually doing so after spending time developing these services and markets, ensuring that they will be ready for customers upon launch.
- ABOUT US. Bittrex.
- [https:https://coinmarketcap.com/rankings/exchanges/ 24 Hour Volume Rankings (Exchange)]. Coinmarketcap.
- 24 Hour Volume Rankings (Exchange). Coinmarketcap.
- Bittrex Gets Bank Agreement to Help You Buy Bitcoin With Dollars. Bloomberg.
- Bittrex Follows Major Crypto Exchanges in Launching Over-The-Counter Trading Platform. CoinTelegraph.
- The Biggest Digital Exchanges Are Teaming Up To Police the Crypto Space. Bloomberg.
- The Real Cost of Applying for a New York BitLicense. Coindesk.
- Bittrex Markets. Bittrex.
- Here We Go…Rolling Out More USD Pairs. Bittrex.
- Crypto Exchange Bittrex Expands, Adds Ethereum Classic and XRP Trading Pairs. Cointelegraph.