|Athena Bitcoin, Inc.|
|Key People||Eric Gravengaard, Mark Lewicky|
|Products||Bitcoin ATMs, Bitquick and Athena Investor Services|
Athena is a multi-dimensional cryptocurrency platform based in Chicago IL.
Athena Bitcoin operates ATMs, a bitcoin exchange called BitQuick, and Athena Investor Services, a full-service cryptocurrency brokerage. It also offers a co-working service called Athena.Trade.
There are about 50 Athena Bitcoin ATMs around the United States, including in Illinois, Florida, California and Texas. According to their website, Athena Bitcoin also has ATMs in Bogota Colombia.
Athena Investor Services offers traditionally styled brokerage services for bitcoin, Ripple, and ether as well as a few other cryptocurrencies. Minimum transaction sizes is $10,000 for its pre-approved customers.
In May 2018 Athena Bitcoin launched a co-working space for the cryptocurrency community, Athena.Trade, in Chicago. The downtown location provides space for up to 25 traders and is focused on building community and encouraging collaboration. Below is a photograph from the opening party for Athena.Trade in May.
- Chicago is buying into bitcoin in a big way. Crain's Chicago Business.
- Locations Map. Athena Bitcoin.
- Homepage. BitQuick.
- BitQuick.co Review – Scam or Not?. bestbitcoinexchange.
- Athena Investor services FAQ. Athena Bitcoin.
- Athena Bitcoin launches Athena.Trade co-working space. CryptoNinjas.
- The Morning Download: CIOs Say Blockchain Adoption Barely Registers. Wall Street Journal.